Tech Svc Technician (I)
Company: The Nature's Bounty Co.
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: August 19, 2019
Since time began, the earth s been a generous contributor to people
s well-being. We haven t been around quite that long, but The
Nature s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around
the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started,
the world was developing our motivation: Nature s bountiful effects
on people s health.
Through our years, we ve been a leader in health and wellness with
our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the
highest quality standards at the heart of our business that s why
The Nature s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the
world. We re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor
and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active
nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits,
competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company
culture. If you ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you
know how important a positive work environment is for a person s
well-being. The Nature s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting
wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is
a pretty good place to start.
Under the direction of the Tech Services Manager, the Tech Services
Technician will help improve current products by collecting and
summarizing data, assist in addressing manufacturing issues,
evaluate new technologies and/or ingredients. Adherence to Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP s) is required.
First Shift M-F From 7am to 3:30pm
* Assists the Scientist/Sr. Scientist during formulation of
nutritional supplement products in various forms in support of
* Collects data in terms of raw material and final blend physical
characteristics, including but not limited to density, flow,
moisture and particle size.
* Collates data generated during team HPO shift walkthrough
(power-walk) in order to assist in process performance improvement
in the production area.
* Keeps records of laboratory work and observations.
* Uses a variety of software tools and programs to input and
retrieve data as needed.
* Assists the Scientist/Sr. Scientist during the creation of new
raw material specifications, master batch records, change controls,
deviations or other required documentation in support of
manufacturing existing in-line products.
* Assists the Scientist/Sr. Scientist with scale up, validating and
transferring technologies/processes to other internal manufacturing
sites, or externally.
* Sets up and operates all laboratory machinery, including but not
limited to: tablet, coating and encapsulation machinery.
* Cleans and maintains lab equipment and rooms.
* Maintains listing of laboratory equipment and collaborates with
maintenance and quality teams in order to adhere to equipment
* Completes special projects on time, as assigned by their
* Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things. Actively
looks to eliminate non-value added steps of processes and
* Explores and shares new scientific information, technologies,
products and processes with the Technical Services team.
* Ensures that all internal and external work activities are
conducted to appropriated standards, in accordance with Company
policies, laws, quality standards, SOPs, etc.
* Other duties may be assigned as required
* Required: Familiarity of Nutraceutical/Pharmaceutical
manufacturing, with 1 year of experience as a research laboratory
technician or a plant operations associate.
* Recent graduate with Associate s degree in Life Sciences or a
related scientific field can be considered in lieu of
* Required: High-School Degree or GED.
Preferred: Associates degree in Life Sciences or related
* Required: Basic computer skills including a working knowledge of
MS Word and Excel.
* Good English verbal and written skills.
* Basic knowledge in mathematics and solving basic algebraic
* Working knowledge of GLP and cGMP preferred but not required.
* Expected high performance behaviors:
* Exhibit positive attitude regarding work and responsibilities
* Ability to work collaboratively within teams
* Ability to maintain effectiveness during major changes in work
tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to within new
work structures, processes, requirements or cultures
* Continuously looks for ways to do things faster and better, while
maintaining high quality standards
* Is creative and intellectually curious; tries different and novel
ways to solve obstacles
* Ability to lift approximately 40 pounds.
Work environment may be exposed to powders, chemicals and allergens
(peanuts, tree nuts, milk, dairy, eggs, wheat, gluten, soy, fish
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental
plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life
insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition
reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a
reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online
Keywords: The Nature's Bounty Co., Tamiami , Tech Svc Technician (I), Professions , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!